ABOUT THE EVENT
Positioned at the intersection of sports and gaming, this event is the only platform in the USA where all parts of the ecosystem, both gaming and sports, meet to discuss the future of regulated sports betting in the USA.
Sports Betting USA in 2018, scheduled to take place after the Supreme Court ruling, will take a further step in discussing the role of various stakeholders, shaping the regulatory and taxation reality of sports betting in the USA and facilitating strategic partnerships enabling commercial advantage.
KEY THEMES IN 2018
- Lessons and best practice from global markets and the early launches in NJ, DE, WV and MI
- State roll-out of sports wagering – when, how and where
- Sports wagering and the Wire Act – implications for state roll-out and interstate reciprocity
- Sports Integrity responsibility framework and communication channels
- Business models and partnership options
- Successfully competing against the illegal market
- The role of data in fan engagement and sports book innovation
- Sports betting roll-out options for casinos, lotteries, racetracks, Native American nations, DFS and eSports
- Setting up guidelines for a win-win relationship between sports leagues, sports teams, athletes, media, TV networks and gambling
Complemented by the Sports Integrity Focus session and the International Legislators’ Agenda (open to law-makers and regulators-only), ICE Sports Betting USA is your most trusted and already tested platform to learn from, and network, with the current and future leaders in the US legal sports wagering sector.
ABOUT THE 2017 SPORTS BETTING USA EVENT:
The inaugural Sports Betting USA conference took place on November 14-15 in NYC and attracted over 300 attendees representing all key parts of the ecosystem: commercial and tribal casinos, regulators, legislators, sports leagues, sports teams, sports book operators from regulated markets and sports betting suppliers.
The event concluded with five point Clarion Accord that sets the roadmap to regulation:
- Seek sports industry's buy-in by providing comfort, through an educational effort, that its commercial, reputational and integrity goals are fully met.
- Action a transparent and inclusive lobbying effort that considers the interests of all stakeholders, both gaming and sports, for a consistent message to policy-makers.
- Protect the integrity of sports by ensuring full cooperation between sports, gaming, regulatory and enforcement stakeholders.
- Create a sustainable regulatory and taxation environment that instils trust for the consumer, provides revenues to the state budgets and roots out the illegal market.
- Make consumer protection and long-term health of the players the utmost goal through pro-active, considerate and sustainable Responsible Gaming strategies that encompass impact not just now but in the future.
- North American sports leagues and international sports governing bodies
- North American sports teams
- TV networks and broadcasters
- Casino operators
- Racing tracks
- Regulators & law-makers
- International licensed sports books
- Sports betting providers (data, risk management, trading, platforms, sports integrity & monitoring)
- Investment banks and investment funds
- Fantasy and Daily Fantasy Sports operators and suppliers